Friday, March 25, 2011

Fan Mail

I have been excited to see Cold War Kids perform for some time now and have been even more so stoked pumped for tonights show originally slated for Radio City Music Hall. I was a little disappointed to hear the venue change announced last minute, but felt "oh well, what the hell" good band, good times, it'd be nice to fly in from Minnesota and see a show at a Historic venue, but I guess its just as cool to explore more of NYC. Well as it clearly turns out the reason the show was moved was likely because the 2nd opening act, your boys No Age, seem to have no talent. While I may seem to be some one-off wanna be music critic I will have you know I never thought I'd see myself typing up a review for a show. Not to mention writing one up hours after because I felt so disgusted and ripped off that I paid decent money to have my ears bleed while your two hipsters get the bronx cheer every time they changed songs. Never have I been this motivated to whine about how shitty an opening band was. In fact, I have NEVER seen an opener get quarters, pennies, tickets and plastic cups thrown at them then actually get booed off stage when their set was done. What was originally a Bronx cheer ended up turning into angry boos and jeers from a crowd that paid good money to see a great band (and what was expected to be half decent openers, though Baths did fine) only to find out the show would change venus and in anticipation for the overall shittiness of the second opener (No Age) we'd get $10 back.

All I can say is that we deserved at least double that in refund or at least drinks on the house to make that godawful attempt at musical entertainment bearable to listen to. As much as you might hop to dismiss this as a random rant from some a$$, I want to stress that I like every type of music and am willing to give everything and everyone a chance. Whatever the hell they were trying to do was NOT music, their "performance" is simply an annoyance that likely damages anyones ears who listens to it. And apparently the only reason why they got this gig is for the silly Obama T-Shirt stunt and subsequent Radiohead love fest, or being from LA. Either way this was total trash, I'm angry I wasted $100 dollars on 2 tickets to see a show I originally thought to see at Radio City, $300 on a plan ticket and invited a friend who flew all the way from Sweden to see this show for his birthday. This was disgusting and held nothing in comparison to the live Karaoke I witnessed on just the night before at Prohibition in the Upper West Side. You each should feel slightly guilty for calling yourselves a Band, promoters, marketers and salespeople for a sham like this.

I bid you good night and hope no one is ever subject to this type of abuse ever again.

Sincerely,

~ Zach Schwartz
Minneapolis, MN

Cell - 651-331-8328
E-mail -ztschwartz@gmail.com

17 comments:

Scott said...

wow. opening for cold war kids.

katie said...

he also wishes that we might HOP to dismiss this as a random rant

ساحر حضرموت said...

thanks very much i am looking for something like this ask you to transfer this to my website.

http://www.herealmukalla.com/vb

http://almukalla.blogspot.com

Allan said...

Cold War Kids fans are just different. It's not bad. They just don't get it. They just don't know what we know. y'know?

snake jt said...

so proud of you guys!

torry said...

that's funny I had a friend who was a cold war kids fan make the same rant about crystal antlers when they opened for them two years. it was like, the EXACT same rant.

brian said...

Boooooooooooooooooooo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clawsandteeth said...

so frustrating being on the other side of the planet & knowing theres a person like THIS hearing you instead of people that know whats up.

Rae said...

Must have been one hell of a show to warrant that glowing praise!

smonk said...

love you guys

Alzbeta Hajkova said...

He does not know what is good!

Unknown said...

Good or bad, what matters is that there is PASSION! Keep it up.

jansmithxxx said...

당연! 귀하의 블로그는 매우 유용한 정보가 포함되어 있습니다.
News thomas sabo is normally among the list of broadest thomassabo day to day functions at once. Types comparable to this nicely thomas sabo online shop 't be the most expensive segments thomas sabo charm within clothing collection. It is important to make a decision objects which happens to be a touch more preposterous compared your every 24-hour interval sabo charm wedding rings.

graceemiller03 said...

Hello, Im grace miller.
I was on the cover of ur album my cousin Amanda is a photographer and she came in town to shoot photos of me and told me that she wanted me to be on a cd cover I was young then and I couldn't reject that offer. I would love to have a word with your band. I would love to do another photo shoot for you guy. Amanda said I should try to get in touch with you guy.
I'm on Facebook search me Grace Miller and add me.
Iv been to New York and stayed with her to modelll for her I would love to have a chance to meet you guys.
I grandmother thought it was so cool that I was in her back yard haha.

mikey said...

Hi there No Age fans just to let you know I am a volunteer for a charity that brings FREE concerts to.
Los Angeles every summer they are currently auctioning this item a Punk Rockers Dream Very Rare Autographed No Age "No Flag" Poster
heres the link check them out at 1 DAY LEFT...tiny.cc/lpmp

mikey said...

Hi there No Age fans just to let you know I am a volunteer for a charity that brings FREE concerts to.
Los Angeles every summer they are currently auctioning this item a Punk Rockers Dream Very Rare Autographed No Age "No Flag" Poster
heres the link check them out at 1 DAY LEFT...tiny.cc/lpmp